Jim Driskill is licensed by the State of Arizona as a Certified Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, a license that allows real estate appraisals of all property types, (license 31500). Arizona provides licensing through the Department of Financial Institutions.
Jim Driskill has also been designated by the Appraisal Institute as both an MAI (in recognition of commercial valuation excellence), and as an SRA (for recognition for residential valuation excellence). Designated members of the Appraisal Institute have met rigorous and demanding requirements concerning education, testing, experience, demonstration of knowledge, understanding and ability. Appraisal Institute designations have long been recognized by courts of law, government agencies, financial institutions and investors as a mark of excellence in the field of real estate valuation and analysis.
Jim has experience with a wide array of commercial properties. Jim has created a number of property type pages that discuss some of the characteristics of each property type, and the appraisal considerations needed for each category. Click on the following links to be directed to those pages:
Residential. Office. Industrial. Shopping centers or Retail. Eminent Domain. Apartments. Land. Churches. Mobile Homes.
The Appraisal Institute is an association of highly qualified and experienced real estate appraisers. The Institute is acknowledged as the gold standard in appraisal education, with members adhering to a strictly enforced code of professional ethics and standards of professional appraisal practice. Requirements to obtain and MAI designation include a bachelor's degree from an accredited college, at least 380 hours of classroom instruction, eleven advanced course examinations, a comprehensive examination broken into 4 tests, (general appraisal knowledge, income approach, sales approach and cost aproach), at least 6,000 hours of appraisal experience, and a demonstration report that showcases the candidates appraisal skills and knowledge.
Jim Driskill is also a member of the International Right of Way Association, and has taken course work from the IRWA on the valuation of partial acquisitions and other topics. The IRWA provided rigorous and high quality academic standards that are internationally recognized and respected across the right of way industry. Jim is an active member of the Phoenix chapter, (IRWA Kachina Chapter 28).
Jim is also an active member of the Phoenix Chapter of the Appraisal Institute, (PCAI), and has served on the board of directors for many years, primarily as program chair. He has been a chapter regional representative of the Appraisal Institute. The PCAI typically meets at least once per quarter, but "goes dark" during the summer months.
Partial List of Classes and Education
• Office Building Valuation
• Business Practices and Ethics
• Analyzing Operating Expenses
• Appraising Distressed Commercial Real Estate
• Appraisal Challenges: Declining Markets and Sales Concessions
• USPAP, (every two years)
• Marshall & Swift Commercial Cost Training
• Uniform Appraisal Dataset from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
• Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
• Advanced Income Capitalization
• Marketability Studies: Six Step Process and Applications
• General Appraiser Report Writing and Case Studies
• Advanced Market Analysis and Highest and Best Use
• Subdivision Valuation: A Comprehensive Guide to Valuing Improved Subdivisions
• General Demonstration Report Writing
• Loss Prevention Program for Real Estate Appraisers
• Advanced Concepts & Case Studies
• Comprehensive Exam Review for General, Sales, Income and Cost Approach
• Commercial Real Estate Trends Forum
• General Appraiser Site Valuation and Cost Approach
• Evaluating Commercial Leases
• Eminent Domain and Condemnation
International Right of Way Association
• Standards Of Practice for the Right of Way Professional
• Valuation of Partial Acquisitions
• Problems in the Valuation of Partial Acquisitions
• Property Descriptions
• Appraisal of Assisted Living Facilities
Phoenix Chapter of the Appraisal Institute - PCAI - Jim Driskill, 10 year member of the Board of Directors